First thing I've been up to lately is decorating my shelves. My husband made these shelves and I stained them. I love them and want more of them around the house. I've had a blast shopping and changing them by the seasons. Here's the summer look I've got going on now!
Some of my favorite shops to find the little trinkets include Michaels, World Market, Pier 1, Kirklands, and Home Goods. On a Saturday or Sunday, you'd find me boppin' around to all of these stores trying to find the perfect little addition for the shelves. But things are about to change because... WE'RE GETTING A HOBBY LOBBY LESS THAN 5 MILES AWAY! June 13th. I'm so excited! Although my bank account might not be.
- Make up your list template. Mine aint fancy.
- Print and cut. I printed 10 copies to give me 20 lists.
- Find some cardboard around the house and cut out a rectangle that is the same size. I used a clothing box, but I also could have used our Leine's box from all the glorious Summer Shandy we now have in our fridge.
- Grab some paper clips and binder clips and clip them at the top of your pile of lists and your piece of cardboard on the back.
- Take rubber cement and add a few layers on the top edge. Let it dry in between coats.
- Put some magnets on the back (I went a little overboard but I just used up all my extra peel and stick magnets from a previous project and VIOLA! You're done! Hang it on the fridge and get to work (or in my case, don't and have a bowl of ice cream).
I'm hoping once school is out for a bit I'll get my creative juices for school flowing, however, I'm not rushing it. I only do it when I feel productive and I want to. And my first week of summer will be devoted to a Teacher's College Writer's Workshop training- it'll either inspire me at the time or lull me... we'll see! Can't wait to be inspired by all of you!