Monday Made It #3

This linky is the only thing keeping this blog alive! I have so many ideas, but I still haven't felt that I've had the "time" to sit down and blog about it. I still have a lot of summer so hopefully I'll get into the mojo of things. Thank goodness for Tara and her Monday Made It as it leads to inspiration, motivation, and creativity- just what I'm looking for in summer.
As I said early on, this summer, I'm balancing my projects. Now that we have a house, I'm loving putting my stamp on the different rooms. The most recent room to get some TLC was the dining room. This room was the first room I painted in the new house back in August... and it's the first one to get a new paint color. I liked the old color, but after we bought our table, I didn't like how it went with the wall. So the room got some new paint and some new wall decor! Most of it is from my new obsession Hobby Lobby. A new one just opened 5 miles from my house so I'm going a little overboard. However, my first made-it was actually a pretty lazy project: staining.


I got these shelves/shadow boxes from Michaels like a month ago. I stained them using the same stain we used for the long shelves in our living room. I forgot how messy staining can be. I still have stain stained to my skin from flicks of the paintbrush.... which I barley used. I'm more of a "stick in an old t-shirt and rub away" kind of girl. Anywho, here's the finished project:


Good thing I'm going for the rustic look! That makes it much easier to not care how even the stain is. I then filled the shelves with little fake succulents from Target and Hobby Lobby and some drawer pulls from HL. The full wall looks like this:



The mirror, arrow, wood print and frames were also from HL- hey- it was their grand opening, everything is 50% off pretty much sale. I also loved the look of the botanical prints so I searched for free prints I could print at home, printed them off and put them into these frames that were $2.50 a piece! These lovely prints can be found here. You can also search on Pinterest and you'll find a lot of others!

I also put together this little candle thinga-majig. Don't mind the finger smudges. #reallife


Here's our newly set up dining room that will soon have guests to enjoy it!


I also worked on my new light box this week! I seriously had the same thought of using transparency sheets to make designs when I hopped onto Instagram and saw Learning in Wonderland already 15 steps ahead of me making beautiful designs and taking the guess work out for measuring (she is a genius when it comes to that kind of stuff)! I obviously bought her pack, which included a ton of awesome designs already and started to use her template to make some of my own.


The one on the left is one of Learning in Wonderland's designs. I tried out my first one (and made a few printing errors, but we'll go with it because the kids won't notice right??) for independent reading time. 

I had to use my custom clip art set from The Organized Plan Book to make an inspirational quote (or two). Did I mention how much I love how these look even when the light is not turned on?


Last year's crew loved talking about pickles and pizza. So I made this one for those that are looping with me next year.


The last design I'll share will actually get some use in the next few months before the light box comes to school with me.


Meet our new golden retriever puppy, Felix! You'll be seeing a lot of him on instagram (#sorrynotsorry). Here he is on our first night with him, which was Saturday. I'm going to change out the weeks/months and need to make some #s, so don't mind the makeshift-use a sharpie marker on a piece of vellum-8. Yes I know this is not a real baby, but he's my first furbaby and I want to keep track of how fast he grows!

Can't wait to see what others created this week!




Signature

13 comments

  1. That's it...I'm moving in with you! I SERIOUSLY want everything in your house!! Well...I don't want to take Felix from you because he is just too adorable. Love your light box designs. The more I see....the more I want. Ahhhhh! XOXOXO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decor-you have been busy! The light box designs you made are so adorable. Love the idea for documenting your pup too- he is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Felix is getting quite feisty now that he is settling in haha. He's keeping us very busy!

      Delete
  3. Felix is adorable! Golden retrievers are THE best dogs! Enjoy!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh cuuuuttteee ideas! I, too, got on the Lightbox bandwagon and have been trying to this of ideas for it! Your pickle picture is darling and the puppy so cute!! Visit me at PJ Jots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit addicting right?? I love all the ideas from others on how they are using it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love the color you painted your dining room. And all the wall decorations work nicely! You should be proud of yourself - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am totally proud of the final product after much hymmming and haaaing over it :)

      Delete
  6. I need your Pickle insert for my LightBox! Pickle is the go to word in my classroom. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen all the ideas popping up using the light box! I seriously think I need one now. In my mind I am figuring it up with Michaels 40% off coupon. They are so neat. Thanks for sharing your inspiring ideas!

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the same boat... do I really need one? What would I do with it? It's just a really fun toy that I hope to think up some other great uses for, but for now... it's fun to create fun sayings! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. PUPPIES!!!!! He is adorable!!!! He will keep you busy friend!!!! Your decor!!! A) that wall color is FAB times 10 B) love, love the wall display!!! Those custom light box designs.....adore!!! Are you selling those? Thanks for linking up sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in LOVE with that wall color! Your light box designs are adorable, and FELIX! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top