Currently... Lovin' it and Over' it Combo

The fabulous Farley at 


is back with this month's Currently and I have to say... all of mine follow a theme. Can you guess it?!


Sorry- I couldn't help myself. This is the first time that I'm ever traveling with my husband alone, across an ocean, in a foreign country that I don't know. My mind is over flooded with thoughts! I've been in such a "school creating" mode that it will be hard to switch my brain to full on relax, enjoy, explore mode- but I think it's something that I really need to do! We can't wait to join in on all the local fun the Twin Cities has to offer on the 4th- no cabin for us this year because we leave for Italy the following day! Can't believe it's here already...

I'm also joining Ali over at

for her linky



Obviously, what I'm lovin' is...
Our trip to Italy! We are doing a 12 day-tour so it's all planned for us... for these newbie travelers it is just the way we like it! I can't wait to share how it goes when I return!
Some places that we are visiting include:
Island of Capri
Rome
Venice
Cinque Terre
What I'm over....
Printers!

I have a love hate with our printer... we've had it for less than a year. What I love about it- it's wireless (although sometimes it will say the printer is off line and I throw a tantrum because I have to get up and restart it) and we get cheap ink... like less than $4 for a new cartridge (that includes color...let's just say I've been doing a lot of color printing) and it knows when we are getting low so then it sends a new one in the mail. It's a really slick system unless....
We have issues with our Internet connection. It has to be connected to the Internet and for some reason, sometimes it says our printer is off line and then we have to unplug it, boot it back up, reconnect to our network and keep our fingers crossed it will only take one attempt- although it has taken up to 4. And if that isn't enough to make this girl stomp her feet and grit her teeth, I had a new issue today...
It wouldn't print on my card stock! Well it did fine the first two pages... but then it started to cut off the top. I use photo paper all the time for my posters for my classroom and haven't had this problem. It is truly unexplainable, because we (yes my husband had to come over because I was in such a tizzy) then tried the same thing with normal printer paper and BOOM it worked just fine. We tried one more piece of card stock and BOOM it DID NOT work fine! Grrrr.... I hope this isn't a permanent issue.

End vent.

Wow, I was more worked up about that than I thought. Good thing I'm going on vacation. :)




Signature

17 comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Have so much fun in Italy! 13 days will be hard, but I doubt you will even be thinking about it. Safe travels!
    I am now following you. :)
    Countless Smart Cookies
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking, Brooke! Thanks so much and I am now following you as well :)

      Delete
  2. Where do you get ink at for $4? If I could do that then my husband might leave me alone about ink lol....he likes to pick about how much I have printed this summer. Have a blast in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an HP printer so we signed up for their HP Instant Ink program...like I said, sometimes it's finicky due to issues with our network. It needs to be connected so it can keep track of how much ink you've used so it knows when to send a new cartridge. Here's a link to further explain it, but you do need an eligible HP printer for the program http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/instant-ink/overview.html

      Delete
  3. Is there room in your suitcase for me? You are going to have sooo much FUN! One of my really good friends just wrote a blog post about preparing for internation travel. You should check it out: http://www.lifedevoured.com/2014/07/passport-in-hand-and-ready-to-go-as.html

    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's barely enough room for all of my things! We are only doing carry-ons (why did I agree to that) so it'll be interesting. Thank you so much for the link- this will be great!!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous of your Italian trip! You're gonna have soooo much fun! I would love to go to Europe...maybe someday. Like you, I'd feel lost w/o my computer for 1 day, much less 13 days. Good luck with that. But think of all the things you'll be able to share with us when you get back. : )

    Printer problems STINK!!! Why can't they just behave themselves like good little printers? I'm gonna check out that $4 ink deal you have. I could print so much more if ink were only $4 a cartridge. Thanks for sharing that info! : )

    Thank you SO MUCH for linking up. I appreciate that. : ) I wish you a super fun and relaxing trip to Italy. Eat, drink, and be merry in good ol' Italia!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad how connected I am to this lil' computer so I'm thinking of it almost like a detox lol! And I am very pleased with the amount and quality I print with our HP printer and their ink program- it's just not always as reliable as I would think it should be, but $$ wise- good investment! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, your trip to Italy looks aaaamzing!!!! Can't wait to see pics!
    Danielle

    Busy Little Brainiacs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures! Have fun in Italy!!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure it'll be a long winded and photo filled post once I return, Bethany. :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. Your trip to Italy looks AMAZING!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!!! I've always wanted to go to Italy! Someday!!! Safe travels to you!!!

    Soaring Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Italy is totally on my bucket list! My mom got to go during March Break and she absolutely loved it! Have a blast!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to go to Italy!! I can't wait to see all your pictures!! Printer problems are the worst!! I've been wanting a new printer and was seriously thinking of boycotting HP, but after seeing the ink program I need to reconsider!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously have so much fun in Italy! I'm sure at first you will miss your computer, but as soon as you arrive to your destination you will forgot all about it for 13 whole days!!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures!! :) Enjoy!!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I am so jealous of your trip to Italy! It is on my bucket list and I can't wait to see your pics when you return!

    Jenn

    Teach.Love.Autism

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top