5 For Friday with my Favorite Pins

I'm doing a mash-up for this Friday. I'm still trying to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Last night, I went to bed around midnight and slept until 10 am... and now this day just feels like a lazy wash. However, that is the best thing about being a teacher in summer- you can have those kinds of days. :) So for this 5 for Friday with Doodle Bugs,


 I'm sharing what I've been up to, with a few splashes in terms of classroom decor to go with Teaching, Powered by Caffefine's weekly linky:

So I'll be sharing some of my favorite pins that have inspired me to prep my classroom this year!

(1)
I've been in my classroom a few times this week... if you follow me on Insta, you've seen a few snippets. The first thing I wanted to change was my clock labels.

Here was my old labels (on the left) and my inspiration pin (on the right)

And here are my new labels

 I wanted more color and I wanted to include words like in my pin above. 

I added 2 arrows that had words that students can use to "talk time" with others. Not only do these bring more color to this tricky space (the wall is a wonky one), but I think these extra visuals will help too!

(2)
I also made some new schedule cards for my room. I deviated from my yellow and teal a bit for these and I'm totally ok with that. I love Krista's accents from Creative Clips! They are just enough cute without being too much.
 I attach these to magnets and place them up on my whiteboard next to my SMARTboard. What I love about this is that I can hide the ones I'm not using behind my SMARTboard, but they are still accessible for each switching!
This picture is bad due to lighting and my iPhone, but you can kinda sorta not really see the labels that aren't in use hidden behind my board. 
That's all I'm showing for now. :)

(3)

Technology wasn't my friend this week. This really bummed me out, especially after I was practically without it for almost 2 weeks. Lots of gritted teeth and mini-tantrums occurred here, but I *think* all has been fixed (for now). I got a new Macbook Pro! Yay! Until everything on my screen was fuzzy, my documents wouldn't transfer over, and SMART Notebook wouldn't load. I spent quite a lot of time trying to trouble shoot all of it.


And then, there was the printer. We spent at least 3 hours trying to fix our printer. It was cutting off my trait posters and wasting ink left and right. It's fixed... for now.


(4)
I bought supplies and printed out resources to start working on my classroom door! Which included a brown table cloth, tissue paper, and yellow card stock for starters. I won't probably get a start on assembling it for another 2 weeks or so but here are some of the pins that are helping to inspire it! I hope it turns out as good as these pins and in my mind... but more often than not, this isn't the case hehe. I trying to make a tree and a beehive and I love how both of these displays turned out!

  

(5)

Last, but not least, we celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary last Saturday. It was VERY low key since we both were really jet lagged from a couple days prior, but I can't believe a year of marriage is under our belts. We have been together for over 9 years so to be honest, married life hasn't seemed too different. I'm a lucky lady to call this man my husband. We had the most amazing day celebrating with family. Here are just a few pictures from our day a year ago. :)








This is probably one of my most random posts ever... I blame it on my headache and weird sleeping patterns. Until next time!




Signature

7 comments

  1. The clock is sooo cute. The door will be so cute when you get it put together. Love all of your wedding pictures. Happy Anniversary sweetpea!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE a random post! I think those news clock labels look really sharp. Those are your classroom colors, right? That's gonna look so goooood!

    I'm so lovin' on your daily schedule cards. I gotta update mine, and I hope you don't mind if I copy cat yours. I had to pin that pic! I have those same Creative Clips, so...

    Happy anniversary, darlin'! And many more happy years to come. : )
    Thanks for linking up, Kelli!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the numbers around my clock too, but LOVE the idea of those arrows. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new classroom decor - the clock and the schedule. Those are great colors.

    What font is that on your labels - really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree around the door idea! Can't wait to see the final product!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new clock numbers. I will have to look into changing mine and also adding the vocabulary!! Great idea! I also think my schedule cards need to be revamped...thanks for giving me the inspiration for that! Your wedding pictures are amazing. Congratulations on your anniversary! Now, go get some sleep!!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new Clock numbers. They look so much brighter than the original ones. I really like the arrows to show before and after, too. Your schedule cards look a lot like mine - I used the same clipart! Enjoy the crazy sleeping schedule while you can! ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top