Monday Made It: Pulling Pieces Together

I'm excited that Tara decided to do Monday Made It early! It's keeping me occupied until True Blood comes on in 30 mins! I've been working on a few little projects, but I feel like its the little details that make me feel like I'm making progress. I'm heading into my room again tomorrow and hope to get a lot of work done on a few projects I've been prepping for (although my teammates will be in as well and I am always the wonderer who floats to people's rooms and gets them off task by making them talk to me... yes, I'm that person). However, I'm really excited about my projects and hope that will motivate me to stay put and try to keep my socializing under control.



Here are a few of my made-its!

Made-It #1: No- Sew Curtains

Luckily they are high up so you can't see all my flaws, but I love the color they bring to my windows. I have two huge windows and really wanted curtains last year, but couldn't find anything cheap enough. I went to JoAnn Fabrics and bought a bunch of the small pre-cut pieces of fabric (which were 40% off... woohooo) and some fabric tac. I folded over the top edge to make a pocket, put some fabric tac on and bam bam thank you ma'am they were done. I used some PVC pipes that were left over from the previous teacher and command hooks to hang it. 

I also love my new desk/small group area! I got rid of my humungous desk and have just a table for my computer and now lots of space to meet with my small groups!

Monday Made-It #2: Objective Board


I whipped out my trusty old Cricut and bought a new font cartridge (goll I want a Silhouette cutter- cartridges are spendy!) and finally created content labels. Last year I just wrote out the content area but I wanted to make it more permanent this year and bring some color to the space. I am waiting to talk with my team to see if I'll use the bottom space for word work.

Monday Made-It #3: Student Number Magnets

Last year I used paper numbers for our lunch board, but it was a pain when one went missing (and we only lost 1 the whole year... pretty good). I made two sets and some blank ones so that if I need to, I can just write on top of the marble the missing number, seal it with some nail polish, and go on with our day. I used my Cricut to cut out the circles, wrote the numbers on them, modged-podged them onto marbles stones from JoAnn and added small magnets from Lakeshore.

Monday Made-It #4: More Job Pockets for my Job Board
Here was my job board last year:


I had classroom jobs last year where everyone had a job, but they might have shared it with other people. I only had 1 pocket per job. It made it really complicated to keep track of who did what and it was a dreaded task for me to do. I decided to make 1 pocket for each job so that only 1 student was in the pocket. That way, now I can just move everyone down one and they still get variety. I can space out jobs that I have multiple people do (ex. I have 4 'custodians- each brings in one garbage and takes it out to the hall each day- that means I have 4 pockets that say custodian). I like the look of them and they hold up nicely thanks to some modge-podge. I again used my Cricut for the letters and just made a template for the pockets. I'm moving the job board to the back of the room and putting magnets on the back of each pocket.
Here's a view of a few of my past Monday Made Its being put to use!

My teacher toolbox and weekly copy holders. I had to change some drawers as I had far too many sharpies and colorful pens (addicted- what can I say).

And here are my jars from last week. I was worried about the size, but they are PERFECT. They don't take up too much space and will hold plenty of supplies at a time. One of my new jobs is the Supply Keeper, so when supplies are looking low, they will go the closet and fill up our jars. I'm really glad I did them.







I hope you all are enjoying everything that comes with a new school year! Can't wait to check out what others have created!




Signature

19 comments

  1. Love, Love, Love the no-sew curtains. I'm assuming the fabric pieces you found were the fat quarters? I am going to have to run over to JoAnn's so I can try to recreate that brightly colored magic in my room!

    Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea if that's what they are called haha... if the pre-cut, folded pieces of fabric are called fat quarters, then I learned something new :) I'm sure they'll be on sale again- I got 11 of them it cost me just over $12. Thanks for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your curtains and the supply jars! Your color scheme is fabulous...:) Great projects!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm and Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your curtains are so fun and cheery. I also like the supple holders. They look so clean and organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am obsessed with your room... it is super adorable!

      Delete
  5. I bought a Cricut before I knew what a Silhouette Cameo was, and I am so jealous that I can't use any font I want! I still love having something though. It makes so many things easier!

    Ms. Cranfill's Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true- I am grateful to at least have a Cricut. It is such a time saver on so many things!

      Delete
  6. I really like your supply jars and your computer area with the turquoise board:) I don't think I could put supplies out without them being empty by the end of the week.

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deniece, it's my home away from home right now. :)

      Delete
  7. Love the colors in your room. So bright and cheery. I am the wanderer too. I seriously have to stay into the night because I get nothing accomplished during the day. I'm awful!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison- that sounds exactly like me (although I also come 2 hours before school as that is when I actually do get work done).

      Delete
  8. I'm your newest follower, found you through the linky! I love your decor theme! I just decided to use the little pockets for my jobs too. :)

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz- that's very sweet of you! I love the pockets. I just made my popsicle sticks to go in them and am lovin' the new board with more pockets :) I just started following you as well!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing those containers! That was just what I was looking for and just ordered 6 for myself =)

    I'm your newest follower!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ashley! I'm glad they'll work for you. I'm now following you as well! Love your posts!

      Delete
  10. Those supply holders are great! Your room looks really nice - bright and fun! :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top