Final Day with my 4th graders...

Today was my last day full time student teaching. I can't believe that it has been a year since I began this journey. A year ago, I found out who my cooperating teacher was, what school and grade I was in, and started to hear all of the 'stuff' I'd be going through over the next year. Fast forward to now, and it's all behind me now. Although I was technically a 'student teacher' I was with the same group of students for nearly an entire year. They taught me so much about teaching and how to manage a respectful classroom, that I feel completely ready to have my own room. I don't know how people who go through the traditional model feel prepared after only 8 weeks of student teaching experience.. but kudos to all of you who have done it.

Today was so bittersweet for me. My students came in this morning knowing it was my last day, some of them giving me hugs before they even entered the door. Others asked me if I would be working at the school next year and said that they would write the principal a letter asking if they would pick me as a teacher when I told them I wouldn't be here. A got numerous, hilarious cards, as well as some very sweet ones from students I least expected. Heck, I was even made a crown out of an old desk calendar page and was told to wear it the whole afternoon. Students hung up signs wishing me well and spent time reading their cards I made for each of them. I have to say, these are some awesome kids. Boy did they make me feel like the most important person in the world. I made sure that they knew how important each one of them was to me as well with all the things they taught me. We ended the day playing a RC cooperating game we played at the very beginning of the school year and it felt like a nice way to end our time together. The students had a blast, laughing and working with their teams... man those are some special kids. I wish I could post a picture of them, but for privacy reasons I can't do that. But I am truly going to miss them...

Last little note- I have my first interview next Wednesday! It's just a scanning interview, but it's the first step! I am just grateful that a school district is willing to give me a chance to show them what I can bring. I have to say I am so lucky to have a sister who is looking out for me and helped me out on this one by letting her principal know of my interest. Now, I just hope I don't blow it!! I'll be letting ya'll know how I think it goes. In the mean time, look for some of my posts on some things I did with my kids over these last couple of weeks together!


Signature

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top